Friday, June 14, 2013

The Beginning

 It's taken so long to actually write this first post. In my wish to make every detail perfect, I've written and edited the same three sentences over and over again for about half an hour, and I'm still not sure about them.

I'd been thinking about starting a blog for the past couple months. But, I had absolutely no idea what to write about. While spending an afternoon browsing the "booktubing" community on YouTube, I realized that it would be perfectly fine and dandy if I talked about books on my blog. It was so exciting watching the YouTubers’ videos, and it made me want to jump into the conversations with my own thoughts.

 Flash forward a week or two, after I’d read and researched book blogs that I loved, and it was decided that I would start a blog of my own.

 I don’t want to limit myself to just books here, though. Like the title suggests, I guess I’ll write about whatever takes my fancy. Hopefully I can also stop being so much of a perfectionist/pain in the butt about my writing along the way.

I'm really excited and I've got some things in the works for the next few months. As cliche as it may sound, this is definitely going to be a learning journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a student wanting to get to know the classics a little better. I'm a geek. I love chocolate and iced coffee and rainy days when I can just curl up and read. Either that, or watch Parks and Recreation on Netflix. I love getting to peek into different lives when I read, and I want to read as many books as I can.